Sunday, September 27, 2020

What are some of the useful translation tools for translators?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Robert Peter

I have just started my translation career. I am currently working as a freelance translator. I use limited number of translation tools currently. I think I am missing something. Are there any translation tools to increase my efficiency?

P.S.: Grammarly, Google Drive, Dcitionaries, Onlinc OCR, SDL Trados are some of the transalation tools that I use currently. Can you recommend me some more translation tools?

Rajiv Malhotra

If you are talking just about CAT tools, OmegaT is the most common among of all CAT tools. Moreover, it is open-source and can basically replace SDL Trados.

Sweta Parajuli

MateCAT, SmartCAT, Wordfast Anywhere are some of the translation tools I have used. There are many on the list.

Rabin Sharma

Here are some of the translation tools you might be looking for: multilingual dictionaries, multilingual databases, cat tools, proofreading tools, text editors & online storage.

Robert Peter

Thank you all for recommending me these translation tools. Not all of them are helpful for me, I will certainly start using some of these translation tools in the future.

Mary

Here are some of the online translation tools that come handy on occasions although they are used less often.

Directory of Translation Dictionaries – Lexicool.com is one of the most comprehensive directories of bilingual and multilingual dictionaries on the Internet

The Free Dictionary is an all in one dictionary, thesaurus and encyclopedia for Spanish, French, Portuguese and Japanese including English.

EasyWordCount is a tool that will help you to count the number of characters and words online.

UnitConverters is an online tool that allows you to convert any type of unit you can imagine – temperature, measurement, weight, time and many others.

Acronym Finder – will help you find out the full form and meaning of over 310,000 acronyms & abbreviations.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.