Friday, September 25, 2020

Recommendations for a good affordable headset for Video remote interpreting (VRI) under $100

• This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 months ago by Blair Lenzi.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Sandip Ghimire
      Keymaster

I am looking for recommendations for a good affordable headset for Video remote interpreting (VRI) under $100.

Bereniss Cavazos

Claudia Rangel

Daniel Tamayo

I think that more important than any one particular name brand, we should suggest actual models. I recently added a couple models to my collection, in part because my teenage guys keep using mine, so I’m going to share here a couple pictures I took of them. If you go to Amazon, for example, you can do a product comparison, because what matters most is their characteristics: very light (3-4 ounces), dual as opposed to single earphone, noise cancelling, in-line volume/mute control, USB connector (for computer use), NOT wireless (reliability), etc.

Carlos Hernandez Jr.

Sony over the head noise blocking work well

Marcelo German Lopez

Plantronics is what i use. It will probably be over a hundred dollars though. this is something you don’t want to save money on though

Carol Maldonado

Jabra

Catherin Newmann Halebian

beatsx earphones – I recommend because you want a wireless and lightweight headset for long days. A big headset will end up giving you a headache after a couple of hours

Holly Silvestri

I have plantronics headset and LOVE it

Blair Lenzi

I’m new to this world, so I have no idea, but on LinkedIn I started following a CMI who has a blog post where she recommends looking into the brands Corsair, Plantronics, Enterprise and Sennheiser. The information didn’t seem sponsored to me. The interpreter’s name is Kelly Grzech.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.