- This topic is empty.
- April 10, 2020 at 2:34 am #10250PatrickGuest
I want to wish a friend’s birthday and she speaks Hawaiian. How do I say “Happy Birthday” in the Hawaiian language?
- April 10, 2020 at 2:37 am #10252JimGuest
Happy Birthday translates to “Hauoli Lā Hānau” in Hawaiian. The meaning of “Hauoli” is “happy; fun; joy,” the meaning of “Lā” is “Day”, and the meaning of “Hānau” is “birth; born.”
- April 10, 2020 at 2:39 am #10253SarojGuest
Hau`oli Lā Hānau is the phrase that is used to say Happy birthday in Hawaiian language.
You might have noticed a different “a” used in “Lā” and “Hānau”. Actually they are called macron, or kahakō. They are used to differentiate between short and long vowel sound. “ā” Indicates longer vowel sound here.
- April 10, 2020 at 2:42 am #10254GuransGuest
Hau`oli Lā Hānau means Happy birthday in Hawaiian.
Here is a video for you on how to say “Happy Birthday” in Hawaiian. This will help you spell “Hau`oli Lā Hānau” accurately.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.